no thoughts, just chickpeas and tahini.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (reserve 1/4 tsp for sauce, rest will go in chickpeas)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp lemon juice, divided (2 tsp for chickpeas, 2 tsp for sauce)
- 1 tbsp stirred tahini
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 scallion, sliced on an angle, for garnish
- cooked grains, for serving
- cook cumin chickpeas: heat olive oil (enough to coat bottom of pan) over medium heat. add garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about a minute. add chickpeas and 2 tsp lemon juice. cook until chickpeas are heated through, season to taste with kosher salt and more lemon juice if you want.
- make hemp seed tahini sauce: to a small bowl, add reserved ¼ tsp garlic, tahini, hemp seeds, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp water, and kosher salt to taste. consistency should be drizzly so you can drizzle it over your grains! add more water if needed for desired consistency, or may need to add more lemon juice or kosher salt. taste sauce until you say YUM. then it’s ready.
- assemble: add your cooked grains to two plates. divide cumin chickpeas between the two plates. drizzle all over with the hemp seed tahini. sprinkle with scallions and more lemon juice if you’d like.